Ames Community Preschool Center is currently hiring both full-time and part-time teachers. Please complete our application and send in class schedule as well. School-Age applications can be emailed to: email@example.com, and applications for our main center toddler and preschool programs (Full-time Lead Teacher, Assistant Teacher, and Part-Time Assistant teacher) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Ames Community Preschool Center
920 Carroll Ave
Ames, IA 50010
Part Time Positions
Part Time hours would be at the Main Center (920 Carroll Avenue) or at Elementary Schools throughout Ames.
Many ISU students begin their professional careers with part-time jobs in one of the many sites operated by ACPC. Student staff work a variety of different hours which change each semester. Scheduling is flexible. We do our best to work around class schedules.
Typical work hours at the Main Center (Preschool) are: 7:00-11:30am, 11:30-6:00pm, 1:00-6:00pm (3-5 days per week)
Typical work hours at the School Age Locations are: 7:00-8:15am, 3:00-6:00pm Monday-Friday and 1:45-6:00pm on Wednesdays
We look for individuals that are able to work a Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule or a Tuesday/Thursday schedule throughout the semester (which ends May 31, 2018).
Part Time School Age Site Supervisor
To provide leadership within one of Ames Community Preschool Center’s (ACPC) Before and After School Sites. The Site Supervisor directly supports the School-Age Coordinator (SAC) to implement an on-going plan of activities for both before and after school programming. The site supervisor is also responsible for orienting, supervising and evaluating school-age program staff. Responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the school-age program.
Typical work hours for the Site Supervisor would be 7:00-8:15am (at least 3 mornings a week) and 3:00-6:00pm every afternoon (Monday-Friday).
Education & Experience
- 50 college credit hours in Elementary Education, or a related field (Human Development, Child and Family Services, Early Childhood Education, etc.)
- One year childcare experience required.
- Experience in a leadership/supervisory position preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of state licensing standards and best practices for school-age children.
- Ability to relate to teachers and serve as a resource.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a Class D license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and physical examination
ACPC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe we benefit from the synergistic interaction of ideas and experiences obtained from our ethnically and culturally diverse workforce.
We do not accept any unsolicited candidates from fee-paid sources of candidates. All resumes submitted to this site are accepted without any obligation or responsibility by ACPC to the sender. The right to hire any referral submitted to this site is within ACPC's sole discretion, without liability or obligation of payment of any fee or other compensation to any third-party individual or entity.